Thursday 14 July 2016

Look Into My Life | Small City Break in Lincoln

I go to Lincoln at least twice a month yet I had never been to the City of Lincoln because I visit my grandparents. There really is such a big difference when you go to the city as it is pretty busy (we went during the week before the school holidays so I imagine it is much busier on weekends and during holidays). I'm going to let you have a Look Into My Life to show you what I got up to there.




Me, my Dad and my brother hired out 40/42 Michaelgate, right on the corner of Steep Hill, through the National Trust. This is probably the best location to be a visitor of Lincoln as the cathedral, the castle and other attractions were almost on the doorstep and the house was lovely and welcoming.



Not only is Steep Hill home to many small shops selling all sorts of things but my great grandparents owned a store where the shop is in the picture below. In 2015, there was a festival celebrating the history of Lincoln and all the shops decorated a figure of a guard, which were still displayed in the windows.




 A highly anticipated trip to the cathedral was also on the agenda with the castle, which you can see the cathedral in all it's glory by walking on the castle walls.





There was some fantastic views of every angle of Lincoln from the walls. In the picture above you can see a block of flats peaking up on the right side of the horizon which is near where my grandparents live.







We only stayed 4 days in Lincoln and that's my holiday getaway for the summer over! I really enjoyed myself and it was a nice change to go somewhere more local and learn about a place that I go to so often.

Have you ever been to Lincoln? What did you enjoy about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments